[mythtv-users] Re: Slave backend setup

Bob Cottingham bob at bobnvic.com
Fri May 13 19:49:36 UTC 2005

Robert Kulagowski wrote:
> Did you read section 9.3 of the HOWTO?
>
> All access to the backends is transparent to the frontend once
> everything has been configured correctly.

The encoder on my slave backend wasn't picked up by my master backend
until the master backend was restarted. After that, the master backend is
able to determine if the remote encoder is available. It only seems to
look for new encoders on startup, but continuously checks the status of
known encoders.

One question though, on the MythTV Status page (http://myipaddress:6544),
the remote encoder is shown and states whether it is recording or not,
however it does not show what it is recording, unlike the local encoders.
Is this normal?

Bob C