[mythtv-users] Can mythstreamtv view live tv

Dan Goldberg dan at orca1.com
Fri May 13 18:44:01 UTC 2005

> The LiveTV feature is sort of 'half baked' for now. You must start
> recording
> a program to stream it. I would love to add better support for live TV. If
> anyone has some ideas on how to implement it please let me know.

I was thinking that's what it meant by live tv. I wonder how hard it would
be to do the following: currently, when you click on the program listings in
mythweb, you get some options such as "record only this showing", etc.
Perhaps there could be an option such as "send to ring buffer". Then, in the
mythstreamtv section there could be an option to stream the ring buffer.

Anyway, it's just a thought. It still works to start the recording and
delete it later.

Thanks for the response.

Dan.