[mythtv-users] Re: Call for testers of release-0-18-fixes branch

Karsten Jeppesen karsten at jeppesens.com
Fri May 13 17:40:26 UTC 2005

Hello Jarod,

OK- so I have it all up running. Because of the evr/eversion screwup (on
my part) I will probably in the end have to wipe this machine, but that
is what it is for anyway.

First off I noticed two things:

1: (he he this is a repeat) ALSA input support would be nice. The
capture card setup will only let you choose between /dev/dsp# devices. I
am using ALSA, and my capture sound appears on /dev/adsp1 (via
snd_pcm_oss). The /dev/adsp# devices can't be addressed either.

2: I scheduled 4 shows to be recorded in a evening and that seemed to
not work correctly. Eventually I was able to do it though. Spike TV has
a show called MXC. and they had 4x30min episodes on yesterday. They will
be repeated Saturday - so you can try it yourself.
Setting the first show to record was not a problem. No 2 was not a
problem either, but at no 3 MythTV stubbornly maintained that it was a
rerun and would be recorded at an earlier time. Since it was 9:04PM and
the 3rd episode was at 10:00PM that seemed rather unlikely. All 4 shows
have different subtitles.

Karsten