[mythtv-users] Pundit-R mythbox random freeze

Xiaotian Sun sun.xiaotian at gmail.com
Fri May 13 17:12:26 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm experiencing a similar random freeze problem as the one described here

http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4302&

The difference is that I'm using a Asus Pundit-R (Asus P4R8L
motherboard), not a Via.

It usually happens when the PVR-500 is recording and I'm watching
DVDs.  I cannot really watch for more than an hour of DVD.  It also
happens when I watch recordings.  Before crash, I see a lot of this
error:

ivtv: IRQ: IVTV_IRQ_DEC_DMA_ERR

Is there any work around for this problem?  I'm using ivtv-0.3.4o driver.

Thanks,

Xiaotian