[mythtv-users] Hardware Platforms

Richard Garnish rabies at meep.org
Fri May 13 14:04:06 UTC 2005

I have given myself the challenge of fitting a fully self-contained myth
box (mini-itx board, tuner card, HDD, optical drive, etc.) into the form
factor of my mini separates (8.5" width, no taller than 3.5").  I wanted
something completely fanless, and that would not look out of place in
the living room.

I looked long and hard at the Silverstone LC02 as a compromise (not
half-width, but definately WAF), but in the end have embarked on
building a case from scratch, using a couple of hefty heatsinks as the
side panels, using heatpipes salvaged from a passive VGA cooler kit to
direct the heat away from the CPU/northbridge.  Maybe I should start
selling them commercially if the first model works well :)

Richard