[mythtv-users] kworld tv878rf card - can't see chanels and can't get remote working FC3

garydawes at blueyonder.co.uk garydawes at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri May 13 13:06:06 UTC 2005

> Hello all,
>         I know this is a low end card, but thats what happens when you
> are living on a budget and just trying out MythTV.  I have a kworld
> tv878rf card and I can't get any channels to work on it, either for
> cable or for broadcast and I am wondering if anyone has one or got one
> working and if they can give me any help.  I also can't seem to get
> the remote working, I know the remote will work because I set it up in
> a windblows box and the remote worked.  Any help would be apreciated,
> and I have done my research, I even found someone who has used one in
> the past but couldn't remember anything about it.
>
> --
> Thanks,
>
> Lance Grover

I'm running 2 Jetway 878 cards, which I think are the same as the Kworld
cards. Try the bttv driver with option card=78. I think that the tuenr
option is 5 but I'm a) not sure, and b) I'm in the UK and on PAL so the
number would probably be different anyway.

I tried and failed miserably to get any sense out of the IR, either with
the bundled receiver or using the remote with a working sir IR reciver
coupled to the motherboard.

Gary