[mythtv-users] Myth Video Time-Stretch Possible?

Bryan Niederberger mythtv at bryweb.com
Fri May 13 11:53:46 UTC 2005

Kevin Kuphal wrote:

> Bryan Niederberger wrote:
>
>> The time stretching feature of myth has met with extremely high WAF
>> in my household.  My gf loves that fact that she can watch more tv in
>> less time with this little gem. Now the gf is asking if the same
>> thing can be done with the DVD rips she has in MythVideo.  I have
>> googled around a bit and have found out how to change the playback
>> speed of mplayer and xine however these features don't do the
>> soundtouch pitch correction so everyone sounds like a chimpmunk.
>> Does anyone know if time stretch is possible with either xine or
>> mplayer, if so - what are the commands?  Thanks
>>
> Have you tried using "Internal" as your player in MythVideo?  If
> mythtv supports the playback of the format you should get all the same
> features.
>
> BTW, it's nice to hear this feature has high WAF for your wife and
> also your girlfriend :)
>
> Kevin

Ha, I used the term WAF because I don't see GFAF used much around here,
but thanks for the advice.
Internal works perfectly and gives Myth an even more consistent feel by
having the same OSD/menu as
recorded tv.  This will help my gf in her never ending quest to consume
as much pop culture as possible in
the least amount of time.  (Her normal viewing speed is between 1.5 -
1.7. It's exhausting to try to pay
attention to what they're saying at that speed.)

Bryan