[mythtv-users] Can't access setup after switching to Minimalist-wide on non wide screen

Matt skd5aner at gmail.com
Fri May 13 00:41:03 UTC 2005

On 5/12/05, hary wilke <harywilke at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I was playing around with themes today and i got myself in a bit of a
> quandary. As the title suggests i changed my theme to Minimalist-wide
> and am stuck on it. After checking out the theme, i went up to the
> top menu and can only see "Watch TV - Media Library - Manage Recor -
> Inform Center - Optical Disks - Phone" but i can't see "Setup"!!!!
> when anything other than "Watch TV" is selected a little down arrow
> appears where the first item of a second row of icons would start,
> but i can't seem to be able to go down. if i arrow key right of
> "Phone" i'm sent back to "Watch TV" and the up and down keys don't do
> diddly for me. I'm feeling a bit silly right about now. Is there
> another way to change the theme? i'm guessing that the setting is
> somewhere in the database eh? any hints on how to reset it to one of
> the default themes?
>
> -hary
> stuck in a corner

I did the same thing yesterday while just messing around.  What I had
to do was edit the entry in the database and restart mythfrontend.  I
use myphpadmin to edit the database.  Edit "Theme" in the settings
table to something like "Blue".  That'll fix it.  If you have multiple
frontends, make sure you edit the right one.

Matt