[mythtv-users] DVB-T Tuning problem

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Thu May 12 09:22:43 UTC 2005

On Wed 11 May 2005 23:13, Neil Davidson wrote:
> Like the last poster I'm having DVB tuning problems, but this is
> terrestrial as opposed to cable. Entering a starting frequency a fellow
> list member gave me for my local transmitter, the scanning only reaches 5%
> (actually it seems to start at 5% too, no progression). The signal is
> locked on, strength is solid at 100% and the signal/noise ratio varies
> between 69 - 74%
>
> Any ideas of ways to help it along?
>
> Setup:
> Kworld/VStream Xpert DVB-T
> Knoppmyth R5A15.1

I had the same problem with one of my backends - also running Myth but using
an LR6650 card instead. In that case it was a driver issue - that card was
not properly supported by the default Knoppmyth kernel. I did patch the
Knoppmyth kernel with the latest v4l drivers but it made no difference!?!

In the end I switched the Nova-T from another backend and used the LR6550 in a
machine with a patched vanilla kernel.

I'm probably not being that helpful, sorry, but your problem is almost
certainly driver related.
--
Stuart Morgan