[mythtv-users] Clashes on same channel

jamesp at hisser.org jamesp at hisser.org
Thu May 12 08:32:13 UTC 2005

Quoting Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com>:

> > Does anyone have any workarounds for this? Whilst not being a developer
> myself,
> > it seems logical to enhance the scheduler so that it will not fail a
> recording
> > if it is *already* recording the correct channel, albeit for another show.
>
> There was lots of discussion on this late last year and this behaviour
> is deliberate and I don't believe there are plans to change it. To be
> honest, the best way to solve it is to get a 2nd tuner card. That's
> what I did.

Thanks for the response. Actually, it seemed I might have made a mistake. On the
shows I scheduled, I explicitly specified the start and end offset in addition
with the global setting.

I just tried it again without specifying any special settings in the recording
schedule and it seemed to work. Will do some more testing though.

Cheers
James