[mythtv-users] Clashes on same channel

jamesp at hisser.org jamesp at hisser.org
Thu May 12 08:01:15 UTC 2005

Hello Everyone!

I must first say how impressed I am with MythTV. Amazing project! I do however
have one issue so far that I would like to hear comments on.

I have configured MythTV using mythfrontend to globally record 60 seconds each
side of my programs, just to make sure I don't miss the first few seconds of a
program, which I did see happening sometimes.

However this seems to cause recording failures when I want to record 2
consecutive shows on the *same channel*.

Does anyone have any workarounds for this? Whilst not being a developer myself,
it seems logical to enhance the scheduler so that it will not fail a recording
if it is *already* recording the correct channel, albeit for another show.

Sky+ in the UK seems to handle this well. The second recording might start off
with the last minute or so of the previous show, suggesting that between the
two programs, 1 stream was being recorded to two files.

Any comments on this?

James