[mythtv-users] Simple power down/power up solution

Adam Egger adam.egger at gmail.com
Thu May 12 07:40:36 UTC 2005

I have a similar question. Why isn't it possible to shut down a
backend/frontend combination on exit of mythtv? The "Close mythtv and
poweroff" only appears on frontend only pcs. Is there a reason not to
allow the user to shut down a BE/FE combination? I know a backend is
designed to be always running, but I'm using my main pc to record and
to watch recordings and I'd like to shut it down with the remote when
I go to bed.
Is there a way to get the "Close mythtv and poweroff" in a BE/FE
combination too?

Adam