[mythtv-users] AC3 passthrough driving me up a wall..

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu May 12 02:01:26 UTC 2005

On 5/12/05, Justin The Cynical <cynical at penguinness.org> wrote:

> >> I did.  Xine doesn't work with the speakers set to passthrough either.
> >>

> > In that case, it would appear the problem is more likely ALSA. I would
> > strongly consider upgrading to 1.0.8 (very straightforward using
> > apt-get) to see if this resolves the problem. In the meantime, I'd
> > suggest maybe posting your .asoundrc and /etc/modprobe.conf files in
> > case other SB Live users can spot any particular config issues.

One thing confuses me, that the analogue device on the card is 0,0 and
the digital out is also 0,0 (per the asoundrc file). If this works for
other users, I guess this is correct, but it just seems odd (at least
to me). Also, are there any mixer controls that could be interfering
with the AC3 passthrough? I think only a current SB Live user could
answer these questions (my SB Live is still in my Win2K workstation.)

Nick