[mythtv-users] Myth Game issue????

Dan Wilga dwilga at MtHolyoke.edu
Wed May 11 20:54:41 UTC 2005

At 10:21 PM -0400 5/10/05, A JM wrote:
>I've still got problems trying to run Xmame in MythTV. When launching
>Xmame from the front end a window pops up quickly then disappearrs,
>nothing happens.

The same thing is happening to me. The reason is most likely due to
the huge number of options that MG passes to xmame when it runs. One
or more of them is causing xmame to run with parameters that are
incompatible with your (and my) setup.

You're supposed to be able to set the default parameters for all
games by pressing the  "M" key in MG, but for me this just locks up
for about 30 seconds instead of displaying a dialog. I may have to
try manually hacking the settings in the database. (You can try
fiddling with params for a particular game by selecting it and using
"M", but setting them the same for all games would be rather tedious
this way.)
Dan Wilga                                         dwilga at mtholyoke.edu
Web Administrator                             http://www.mtholyoke.edu
Mount Holyoke College                                Tel: 413-538-3027
South Hadley, MA  01075            "Who left the cake out in the rain?"