[mythtv-users] HDTV Recording Profiles

John Sturgeon mythtv at sturgeonfamily.com
Wed May 11 16:49:15 UTC 2005

Gregg wrote:

>I have searched the threads and can not find the answer, so here are
>the questions.
>How do recording profiles work for hardware dvb encoders?  I have a
>pcHdtv 3000 and was wondering if the recording profiles are used in
>playback only?  And is there a way to transcode them to nuv format, or
>can nuvexport convert them to divx?
>
>-Gregg

It seems you did not get a response on this... Two things to note here.
Recording profiles have no meaning with the HD-3000 as the incoming
stream does not need to be encoded.  It is already MPEG2 (in an MPEG-TS
container).  the Nuv format is also just a wrapper that MythTV wraps
your stream in, so once again, no converting is done here.  Now... with
regards to converting them to Divx, that you can do with transcoding
profiles, or mencoder, or transcode.  Each has it's own pros and cons.

--
John Sturgeon <><
http://www.sturgeonfamily.com/mythtv.php