[mythtv-users] Can I use the PVR-350 Remote to wake my EPIA M10k

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Wed May 11 12:44:25 UTC 2005

I've pretty much finished tweaking my EPIA M1000 / PVR 350 combined
front and back end.  It's rock solid for TV recording and playback so
I'm going to leave well alone and move on to builld a separate
dedicated backend with some more tuners in.

The last thing I did was to set up nvram-wakeup on timer, which works
well.  It wakes up to make a recording and goes back to sleep.  If I
need it the box,  I hit the 'on' button.

It made me wonder though whether I can wake the box manually using my
PVR-350 remote?  There are BIOS setting on the motherboard for 'wake
on PCI', so I've been fiddling with those, and firing the remote
hopefully in the direction of the box.  It doesn't wake up!

Does anyone know if there's a way to make this work, or am I wasting my time?