[mythtv-users] HD3000, DVB, and SVideo Input?

Paul Leppert phlepper at gmail.com
Wed May 11 03:34:53 UTC 2005

On 5/10/05, Howard Cokl <hojoloco at yahoo.com> wrote:
<SNIP>
> Paul,
> I think if you want the s-video you can get it by
> adding a capture card in mythtv-setup.  I have the
> same  setup as you, pvr250 and hd3k, using the 2.0
> drivers from pchdtv, I believe when you load the
> modules the cx88 module creates a /dev/video (in my
> case /dev/video0 since I load the dvb stuff before the
> ivtv) so you could add a new capture card in
> mythtv-setup and tell it is a v4l card and point it to
> /dev/videox.  I haven't tried this YMMV.
> Howard

Howard, I wasn't able to get this to work.  I tried defining the
HD-3000 SVideo input as both a v4l card as well as a pcHDTV card in
mythtv-setup.  Neither worked.  Additionally, I tried just running
mplayer -vo xv /dev/video0 which just give me the following:

[mythtv at mythtvbe ~]$ mplayer -vo xv /dev/video0
MPlayer 1.0pre7-3.4.3 (C) 2000-2005 MPlayer Team
CPU: Advanced Micro Devices Athlon MP/XP/XP-M Barton (Family: 6, Stepping: 0)
Detected cache-line size is 64 bytes

Opening joystick device /dev/input/js0
Can't open joystick device /dev/input/js0 : No such file or directory
Can't init input joystick
Setting up LIRC support...
Playing /dev/video0.
Win32 LoadLibrary failed to load: avisynth.dll,
/usr/lib/win32/avisynth.dll, /usr/local/lib/win32/avisynth.dll

Exiting... (End of file)

and here are my video entries in /dev

[mythtv at mythtvbe ~]$ ll /dev/vid*
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root   root      6 May  7 10:18 /dev/video -> video0
crw-------  1 mythtv root 81,  0 May  7 10:18 /dev/video0
crw-------  1 mythtv root 81,  1 May  7 15:24 /dev/video1
crw-------  1 mythtv root 81, 24 May  7 15:24 /dev/video24
crw-------  1 mythtv root 81, 32 May  7 15:24 /dev/video32
crw-------  1 mythtv root 81,  0 May  7 10:18 /dev/video4linux

Note that /dev/video1 plays just fine (my PVR250) as does DVB (via my
HD3000 OTA).

Does anyone know if this is something that is even supported (HD3000
SVideo Out)?

Thanks,
phlepper
--
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.  --  Confucius