[mythtv-users] Hardware Platforms

aaron memoryguy at gmail.com
Tue May 10 22:20:15 UTC 2005

On 5/10/05, gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman) <glandix at lloydnet.org> wrote:

> i love my silverstone ... matches the rest of my home theatre equipment
> very well ... http://lloydnet.org/Gallery/CaseUpgrade (pix aren't the
> greatest, but it's the black thing on the bottom w/ the blue light in
> the last 3 pix)

I have this case too, and I also love it, except for one thing.... I
have an issue with cooling. :(

I haven't added any extra fans over the standard ones it comes with.
Do you have any problems? Did you add any fans? Maybe I need to try
shifting the cables around better. I find my two PVR-250s overheat and
hang the system after 20--30 minutes of recording. My 250s are the
ones without a heatsink or fan, maybe that's why.

So now I leave the cover off the case. Not nearly as attractive, but
much more stable.

--
aaron