[mythtv-users] OT: Commell LV-667T; Real HDTV? Or just really good SDTV?

Eric Gilbert eric.gilbert at gmail.com
Tue May 10 21:53:22 UTC 2005

On 5/10/05, David George <david at thegeorges.us> wrote:
> On 5/10/2005 3:00 PM, David George wrote:
>
> > I think that is talking about two different things. The VT1625 does
> > take in 640x480, 800x600, and 1024x768 and scale to SDTV resolutions,
> > but it also accepts 1280x720p and 1920x1080i modelines and display
> > those natively without scaling.
>
> Sorry for replying to my own post.  The 640x480 to 1024x768 SDTV input
> resolutions can also be scaled to the 720p/1080i output, but I would
> just assume run the native HDTV resolutions.  (I reserve the right to
> omit other important information in the future.)    :-)

Me too,  I'd rather run things without scaling .. but I don't have a
HDTV yet, just trying to improve my current situation, future proof,
and stop-gap somewhere in between all at the same time.

So, if I understand you correctly, 640x480 to 1024x768 content will
get scaled to 480i and will be available on all the outputs, but the
720p/1080i will only be available on the component? Or is the
720p/1080i scaled down for the composite and svideo, while it remains
unscaled on the component.

I fear my fragile little mind is still missing something.

Thanks again,
Eric