[mythtv-users] New non-PC possible frontend

Mudit Wahal mwahal at gmail.com
Tue May 10 21:23:15 UTC 2005

DivX and DivX HD looks promising. But I dont know where the most of
the work will be done. Unless the STB supports native DivX, someone
has to do some transcoding.

I think media mvp guys have been asking something similar, on-the-fly
transcoding from mpeg4 to mpeg2 at the backend.

But buffalo also does HD, so its much more than media mvp. Its more on
the lines of Roku HD1000 (http://www.rokulabs.com). Roku HD 1000 has
some sort of mythtv frontend running. Buffalo and Roku are also priced
similarly. There is no DVD in Roku. But only if Buffalo will do
upscale :-)