[mythtv-users] Kaleidescape

James Oltman cnlibmyth at gmail.com
Tue May 10 19:19:45 UTC 2005

On 5/10/05, Donavan Stanley <geckofiend at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/10/05, James Oltman <cnlibmyth at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  If so can MythTV be setup in a similar fashion?
>
> You could rip the DVDs to an iso, using a non-myth tool then play them
> using MythVideo & xine just as though they were regular DVDs.
>

> > I know we can "rip" DVDs, but doesn't that make a DivX file or something?
>
> Or an unaltered MPEG2 of the movie.
>

> > What about an automatic integration with IMDB or whatever this product
> > uese.
>
> Have you used MythVideo?
>
> >Are bookmarks possible?
> If your player supports them, I know Xine does.

I am already using Xine in MythVideo and it works well.  I don't know
how to remap some keys but that comes later.  I didn't think that Xine
could play straight ISO files.  I have tried it  but it errors out
(not sure exactly cuz I am at work now).

As far as unaltered MPEG2 files from DVD goes, what about DVDs that
are of a TV show?  Let's say I have a full season of Star Trek on DVD,
how does the ripping feature handle this?

I don't think there is an automatic lookup of synopsis and cover art
for a ripped DVD.  Is that a plan for the future?  How do I add
coverart and synopsis info to my videos in MythVideo?  Thanks.