[mythtv-users] Hardware Platforms

Anil Gupte anil-list at icinema.com
Tue May 10 17:23:48 UTC 2005

My project to create my own MythTV box has run into some trouble from the boss.  My wife does not want a big ugly computer next to the TV.  Any suggestions on manufacturers of boxes that look good?  Basically, a nice looking horizontal PC.  I would prefer not to build my own, because it has been more than 10 years since I did, but I could.  I understand the VIA motherboards have some special characteristics that make them attractive for PVRs.  Are there boxes that use that use that motherboards?  Any thoughts welcome.

Anil Gupte