[mythtv-users] How to upgrade to 0.18?

makalu at ansae.com makalu at ansae.com
Tue May 10 14:12:25 UTC 2005

Sorry for the newbie question, but I did a search on the archive and didn't
see a previous post on this.

I have a 0.17 backend set up on FC3 as per Jarod's guide. I want to upgrade
it to 0.18 but want to be careful not to damage my current media database,
settings, etc.

First, do I just do apt-get update mythtv-suite to upgrade the software? Do
I then need to run mythtvsetup or anything else to configure any settings.

Also, how can I make a backup of the mythconverg db in case anything goes
wrong?

Thanks,
Cliff