[mythtv-users] Deleting old recordings when storage fills up

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Tue May 10 09:48:26 UTC 2005

>   I imagine that there is a setting for this somewhere. My wife
> wanted a movie recorded that didn't make it due to the allocated disk
> space being used up. I thought that Myth was just going to delete
> older recordings by default to make room but it didn't.
>
>   Where would I configure this sort of operation? I looked in
> mythtv-setup but I didn't see it. Is it there or elsewhere?

Somewhere (can't remember where but I think it's in mythfrontend setup
screens rather than mythtvsetup) there's an option to specify how much
space should be left to trigger archiving. I've set mine to 5GB. If
you only set it to something low like 1GB then a 2 hour film using >
2GB is going to fill up your disk as there may have been 1.5GB before
the recording and MythTV wouldn't have know that wasn't enough.

Check you've got it set to something sensible. It could be that if
it's not set there's no archving, but that's conjecture on my part.

Regards,
Phill