[mythtv-users] record in HD, but watch in analog ?

David George david at thegeorges.us
Mon May 9 19:24:38 UTC 2005

On 5/9/2005 3:19 PM, Mudit Wahal wrote:

>I'm building a backend where I'm going to put one HD3000 card. My
>frontend is still up in the air (several variables). In the meantime,
>I still want to connect a basic frontend with tv-out (svideo) to
>analog TV.
>
>Will I be able to play the programs recorded in HD in the backend on
>an analog TV (connected via a frontend-svideo) ?

Yes, no problem.  One of my frontends has an MX-4000 card using S-Video
out.  You won't get HD res, but you can display HD programs on an analog TV.

>Any gotachs/magic incantations/etc I need to do at the backend so the
>transition from the HD recorded(or live) plays fine on analong
>frontend ?

Nope, as long as your S-Video output is configured to display SD it
should scale the HD to whatever your output supports.

>Thanks in Advance!

Your welcome.

--
David

HDTV frontend I'm working on (pictures, mythmon source)
  http://mythhd.info