[mythtv-users] MythTV and EM8300

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon May 9 17:31:05 UTC 2005

On 5/9/05, Greg Estabrooks <greg at phaze.org> wrote:
> > firmware uploads and I get a blank screen on the S-Video connection to
> > my TV. Any ideas? I seem to get output on the VGA connection, but
> > despite telling MythTV to use Hardware Accelerate out, it seems to
> > ignore it completely and does plain old software out. There seems to be
> > nothing being fired out from mythfrontend either (I log all the output
> > just in case)
>
>  Myth doesn't support the use of the Em8300 based cards, so no matter what
> you enable it would not be used.

It may be possible to use the Hollywood+ card as a regular X display
(without acceleration) for a myth system (as is currently the case
with the PVR350). It is highly likely though you may get accelerated
mpeg2 playback in xine (one of the output options). I have one of
these lying around so may have a go and see where I get to.

Nick