[mythtv-users] Re: pcHDTV3000 - Anyone installed and use this?

Kyle Rose krose+mythtv at krose.org
Mon May 9 16:50:40 UTC 2005

> So,
> in your post I see that "Intel PIIX/ICH SATA support" was selected -
> is that what you think will provide support for those other two drive
> ports?

I'm sorry; I should have proofread before cut-and-paste.  No, you want
NVIDIA support for the first chip.

For the Marvell chip, things appear to be more complex, and more
experimental.  This page has some information about how to install the
Marvell SATA driver:

http://www.keffective.com/mvsata/

It's possible you were using a version of 2.6.9 that had mvsata support
included, but when you upgraded to 2.6.1x, that support wasn't there
because you were now using a vanilla kernel.

Cheers,
Kyle