[mythtv-users] DVB problems

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Mon May 9 12:48:12 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-09 at 21:52 +1000, Phill Edwards wrote:
> I've got a Kworld VStream Xpert PCI card installed and have done
> channel scans. Now I've got a whole load of new channels listed but I
> can't watch any of them.

I had something like this when I started my system.

It appears that if you let the xmltv schedule capture stuff kick in too
early it can give you some problems.

After asking on the list, I ended up scrubbing the myth database (ie
using the initial mythtvsetup options), and then doing the following:-
      * set up a capture card
      * set up a video source, but do the absolute minimum here - ie do
        not configure any channels and definitely do not run
        mythfilldatabase
      * link the capture card and the video source
      * channel editor - go in and then scan for channels - this will
        leave you with a bunch of configured channels.

After this you should find you have a set of working channels. If you do
want to use an xmltv method to get schedule data (rather than the
default of pulling schedule data from the DVB off-air signals), then you
will have to go through each channel in the channel editor turning off
the off-air schedule data and assigning an xmltv identifier.

	Nigel.