[mythtv-users] MythTV and EM8300

Gavin Haslett gavin at nodecaf.net
Mon May 9 01:05:17 UTC 2005

Anyone any experience and pointers with using an EM8300 card (Sigma
Hollywood Plus decoder) with MythTV. Seems to me this might be a good
match for my decoding requirements. So far the modules load, the
firmware uploads and I get a blank screen on the S-Video connection to
my TV. Any ideas? I seem to get output on the VGA connection, but
despite telling MythTV to use Hardware Accelerate out, it seems to
ignore it completely and does plain old software out. There seems to be
nothing being fired out from mythfrontend either (I log all the output
just in case)

Any ideas?