[mythtv-users] Trouble setting up DVB

James Pattinson jamesp at hisser.org
Sun May 8 15:14:49 UTC 2005

Hi All

I have installed MythTV 0.18 on my gentoo system. My DVB-S card is a
Technisat SkyStar 2 which has been verified working with linux dvb
tools.

It is detected by MythTV but I am unable to scan for channels. It is
unclear what units to use for the frequency and symbol rate - I have
tried various combinations of Hz kHz and MHz with no effect. I just
get Tuning - no lock until it times out.

If I try and configure channels manually, using the channel editor, I
get no options regarding DVB stuff - I enter the channel number (is
this number important?) and the name, and the video source. Pressing
next however gives me Video 4 Linux options like frequency ID which
doesn't seem relevant at all.

Can anyone give me some pointers?

Thanks
James