[mythtv-users] OT: What's up with ATRPMS?

Jeff Artz junk_inbox at comcast.net
Sun May 8 02:19:32 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-05-07 at 18:42 -0500, Gavin Haslett wrote:
> Interesting... trying to do an upgrade of some stuff for Myth (ivtv kernel modules and related stuff for the 2.6.11 kernel), and it looks like I'm getting "Access Denied" to a bunch of stuff... mostly the modules I need!
>
> I know this isn't specifically related to this list, but I wanted to see if anyone else has been having problems. I was hoping to upgrade my kernel for some extra device support, so this has put a slight crimp on my plans for my Mythbox this weekend.
>
> Anyone any ideas?
Same issue here... Bummer too, as I just 'wiped' this machine last-night
with a fresh FC3 install, and now I can't continue my Myth install.  :-(

Oh well, I was hoping to have my setup in 'parallel-production' with my
existing Dish Network PVR receiver (I've got a seperate receiver setup
for use with Myth), but that will have to wait until the site is back
up...

PS: Here's the error message I'm receiving from an 'apt-get update':
Could not connect to apt.physik.fu-berlin.de:80 (160.45.32.219). -
connect (111 Connection refused)
Is there another server I could configure APT to use?  If so, what is
it, and what file(s) do I edit to make the change?  (I'm still a newbie
to Linux and Myth...)  Thanks!

Jeff

Backend: Athlon XP1800+ - 512MB - Nvidia GeForce 4 - 100GB SCSI LVM (2x
U160 50GB drives to start with) - PVR-350 - PVR-250 - PCHDTV3000 (in
transit!)
Frontend: Pentium 800 - 256MB - Nvidia GeForce 4400
<Other frontends are WIP... Especially the one to play HDTV when my card
arrives!>