[mythtv-users] annoying new 'feature'

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Sat May 7 22:44:53 UTC 2005

> My backed up database doens't work when I restore it.
> I had to use an older one.
>
> When I try to delete a program from myth I get this error.
>
> ERROR when trying to delete file:
> /mnt/hdd8/myth/tv/1045_20050403210000_20050403234500.nuv.
> File doesn't
> exist.  Database metadata will not be removed.
>
> of course the file is missing. I deleted it weeks ago before my myth
> went for a crap and led me to many hours attempting repair.
>
> So now to add to all my frustration I cant even get rid of entries I
> don't want.
>
> Ideas?

I feel for you. The simple way is to 'touch' the missing filename in yrour
recordings dir. Then you can delete it. I supose if you have lots of them
you could always try 'mythrepairdatabase' in the contribs folder. Its not
installed in the atrpms distro so you might need to download the source
files and extract that file to get it.

Bill