[mythtv-users] New Install libXvMCW error

DontSpamMe1 dontspamme1 at rogers.com
Sat May 7 19:43:54 UTC 2005

I have installed a new FC3 system from scratch. It will be used as a
frontend only.

I have everything updated from atrpms, video card and sound are setup.

However, I get the following error when starting mythtvsetup or
mythfrontend:

mythtvsetup: error while loading shared libraries: libXvMCW.so.1: cannot

The libraries are there:

# rpm -ql libXvMCW

/etc/X11/XvMCConfig

/usr/X11R6/lib/libXvMCW.a

/usr/X11R6/lib/libXvMCW.la

/usr/X11R6/lib/libXvMCW.so

/usr/X11R6/lib/libXvMCW.so.1

/usr/X11R6/lib/libXvMCW.so.1.0.0

/usr/share/doc/libXvMCW-0.9.3

/usr/share/doc/libXvMCW-0.9.3/README

I have stopped/started X. Also compared the setup between my working FC3
front/backend and this new one.

The message implies that the file does not exist...

Any ideas out there?

  _____