[mythtv-users] many thanks.. upgrade success story

Jens Baumeister jens.baumeister at gmail.com
Sat May 7 18:16:01 UTC 2005

On 5/5/05, Brian Boyle <brian.boyle at toronto1.ca> wrote:

> So I took the plunge and upgraded my back end and front end
> machines last night and it was for the most part painless.

I second that. Upgraded from 0.16 to 0.18 without big problems. (The
DVB-related part was a bt of a hassle, but thankfully I found the DVB
guide at http://www.ethics-gradient.net/myth/mythdvb2.html that helped
with migrating my chennel info without having to re-schedule
everything. (Even though there were minor mistakes in the SQL on the
site.)

All in all, this upgrade was a lot easier than I'd thought. Thumbs up
and a big thanks to everyone responsible!

Jens