[mythtv-users] No sound from ripped dvd

Jamie Swindall jamie at swindall.net
Sat May 7 02:04:36 UTC 2005

I haven't tried Xine yet.  I am going to give it a spin tonight.

I have suspected I had a bad sound card for other reasons.  So I replaced it
with a brand new Audigy 2. Now I get sound but it is just this horrible
noise.  I did play with the -aid switch with mplayer trying the different
channels that show up with the -v switch.  I think they were 0, 128, and 138
or something like that.  0 and 128 return no sound and 138 is the noise.

The fact that I don't find very many post at all about this type of problem
make me believe I am doing something really stupid.

Thanks for the quick response.

Jamie