[mythtv-users] LxMSuite.com to provide services to the Mythcommunity

Jonathan Link jonathan.link at gmail.com
Fri May 6 20:52:49 UTC 2005

I'm with you.  I'm leery, because of Isaac's silence and because of
reasons below.

First reason this is a startup.  Startups have zero credibility.
Second, I'd like to see more, I'd like to see optional themes, now,
not promises of more in the future.  I guess what I mean is that being
that this is a startup, it would've been better if all the vaporware
that is being talked about on the site was actually there.  I want my
$5 to buy something now, not a vague promise of more to come in the
future.

Marketing for this organization seems to have forgotten that people
(even technical ones) buy benefits, not features.  Sure, LXMSuite has
some neat features, but how do they benefit me (now), over what I'm
already getting?  Why do I need more improved program listings?  Why
do I need 14 days of listings over the 12 or whatever I'm getting?
Why do I need a recommendation system?  What are all the features that
will be added within the next few months?  Why not tell us now?
Since the bonus system seems to the biggest "benefit" to users of this
service, how many developers are employed?  How many projects do you
expect to have blessed at any one time?
I am not pretending to be a known name on this list, I'm mostly a
lurker.  I've emailed a few helpful tips to people, sometimes on list
sometimes off list.  It usually takes a lot for me to post or I happen
to know the answer to someone's question.  Maybe I'm presumptuous, but
I think I'm asking questions that other lurkers are asking and I feel
the bottom line is that this thread and the site itself have only
served to create questions instead of answer them.