[mythtv-users] Broadcast flag thrown out

Geoff Scott geoff.scott.mail at gmail.com
Fri May 6 16:25:29 UTC 2005

On 5/6/05, Wendy Seltzer <wendy at seltzer.com> wrote:
> The DC Circuit has ruled in our favor, unanimously throwing out the
> FCC's broadcast flag -- the rule that would have prevented pcHDTV and
> Air2PC from making HDTV tuner cards in the US after July 1.

I will hoist multiple frosty adult beverages tonight in recognition of
those that fought the good fight!  The battle be won, but the war
rages on.

> Next, we'll have to stop the MPAA from going to Congress to get it back.

I say we try to get congress thrown out!  Er... wait, does saying that
get me a one way ticket to Gitmo?

All right then, beers at Gitmo!

Seriously though, thanks to you Wendy, and all those at the EFF and
all the other organisation/individuals that fought this for me, joe
blow consumer, that would not know where to start to fight this.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.  You just made my Christmas card
list.

gs