[mythtv-users] Volume Control for intel8x0 on FC2

Ryan Pisani mythtv at frouse3.homelinux.com
Fri May 6 14:26:57 UTC 2005

Hello --
I'm wondering if anyone can help with this. I've recently picked up a pair
of nice speakers to use with Mythtv and I was hoping to move away from
using the television for volume control.  However I tested my alsa sound
control and apparently I've got something off. The keyboard controls show
that the volume is adjusting on screen -- yet nothing happens. Apparently
the only thing that does work is mute, or if I slide the volume control
all the way down -- it mutes. I've tried using alsamixer and stock mixer
and the PCM only mutes / unmutes.   I upgraded alsa to the most recent
version with no help.  I've seen some archived threads regarding this --
but I've never actually seen a solution. The motherboard is Nforce2 based
chipset.

I'd appreciate any help available.

thanks
Ryan