[mythtv-users] Setting up a DVB Card

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Fri May 6 08:51:15 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-05-06 at 18:29 +1000, Phill Edwards wrote:
> Do you have to enter any lines into modprobe.conf (or modules.conf
> depending on your distro)? when I installed the card I found that some
> drivers had been loaded even though I hadn't added anything to
> modprobe.conf. Would you mind sharing your's so I can see what (if
> anything) is required there?

For the KWorld DVB-T cards (Conexant cx88/blackbitd based) I have no
explicit config (in modprobe.conf) at all.  The only fix I have is a
udev permissions hack:-

/etc/udev/permissions.d/20-dvb.permissions:
        dvb/adapter[0-3]*/*:root:mythtv:0666

For the PVR350 I have the following in modprobe.conf
        alias char-major-81 videodev
        alias char-major-81-2 ivtv
        alias tveeprom tveeprom-ivtv
        alias msp3400 msp3400-ivtv
        options ivtv ivtv_std=2 tda9887=0

and the following in /etc/rc.modules
        modprobe ivtv
        modprobe lirc_i2c

(The second one is due to me using the Hauppauge remote).

This was all taken from Jahred's wonderful Fedora MythTV HOWTO.

	Nigel.