[mythtv-users] MythMusic

Mike Curtis Mike.Curtis at glcweb.co.uk
Fri May 6 08:50:34 UTC 2005

Resent as no response to previous post

Hi folks

I have been working on my Mythtv system for some weeks and have made
some mistakes but also a great deal of progress

But I am stumped on Mythmusic!!

I think I know how it should work but I would like confirmation

CD open tray and insert CD

Select Import CD from menu (tray will accept CD)

Few seconds and menu will give way to options such as quality, CD title,
performer and genre

First question, should the above be automatically entered?

Lower down on that screen there is the track information or rather in my
case lack of, what I have is the correct number of tracks and what would
seem the play length

Next question; with the information for freedb entered in .cdserverrc as
http://uk.freedb.org etc as gleaned from the freedb website should all
this information be entered automatically?

I can rip the CD but it will not have any track info

This system is behind a Firewall but there is no attempt to go out to
the freedb website according to the Firewall logs

First time I have felt the need to ask for advice from this forum
folks!!!

Mike Curtis