[mythtv-users] Setting up a DVB Card

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Fri May 6 08:29:41 UTC 2005

> Actually what I use is the FC3/update kernel (2.6.11-1.14_FC3) with the
> following additional packages:-
>      * bttv-kmdl-2.6.11-1.14_FC3
>      * video4linux-kmdl-2.6.11-1.14_FC3
>      * ivtv-kmdl-2.6.11-1.14_FC3
>      * saa7134-kmdl-2.6.11-1.14_FC3
>      * cx88-kmdl-2.6.11-1.14_FC3
>
> You may not need the ivtv (I have a Hauppauge PVR-350 in the box as
> well), but I think all the others are necessary.
>
> > I couldn't find any way to stop it doing that that so I ended up
> > hacking rc.sysinit (not recommended).
>
> I didn't need any loading hacks for this card (I do for the ivtv ones).

Do you have to enter any lines into modprobe.conf (or modules.conf
depending on your distro)? when I installed the card I found that some
drivers had been loaded even though I hadn't added anything to
modprobe.conf. Would you mind sharing your's so I can see what (if
anything) is required there?

Thanks,
Phill