[mythtv-users] transcode settings bug?

Barker Thomas TBARKER at qinetiq.com
Fri May 6 08:21:21 UTC 2005

Hi I have setup mythtv many times before and had transcode working nicely.
However this time I set it all all and when I transcode I get fairly big
files. I am using  0.18 release.

I have changed the low and high quality settings in h/w encoders (I have a
nova-t dvb card). I only changed the vid to default mpeg4 but changed
bitrate to 2000 for high and 800 for low and audio to mp3 32000 at quality
7.

But when I encode a file for example

The bill, normal size 1.64G, before transcoding

After transcoding 1.4G in low? That's not much of a change!

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug ?

I have AC3 passthrough set if it makes any odds.

Any suggestions?

For those other than the recipient any disclosure, copying, distribution,
or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on such information
is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Emails and other electronic communication with QinetiQ may be monitored.
Calls to QinetiQ may be recorded for quality control,
regulatory and monitoring purposes.