[mythtv-users] hdtv modeline question

Xiaotian Sun sun.xiaotian at gmail.com
Thu May 5 22:32:16 UTC 2005

On 5/5/05, Donavan Stanley <geckofiend at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/5/05, Xiaotian Sun <sun.xiaotian at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Try this one:
> > >
> > > Modeline "1280x720"     74.25   1280 1316 1452 1644    720  720  723
> > > 751 -hsync +vsync
> > >

> > It sort of works, but part of the display goes outside screen.  But
> > the display quality looks about the same as a 1024x768 at 60Hz.
>
> That screen LOOKED like it was a widescreen, it may very well be that it's not.

I know 1024x768 is 4:3 in pixels.  But these 42" Plasma displays often
have this native resolution because their pixels are not square.  And
it claims support 720p and 1080i.  I just couldn't get anything like
that work greatly.  I actually can display something via the VGA
connection using some modeline I found online for 1080i.  But the
texts, even the mythtv menus, are flicking.

For now, 1024x768 work ok for me.  I'm just wondering whether there is
a great benifit to make some 1080i or 720p modeline work properly.

And if would be nice to make DVI work too.

Xiaotian