[mythtv-users] Third Attempt At Installing MythTV

David Brieck Jr. dbrieck at gmail.com
Thu May 5 19:56:25 UTC 2005

> By "tomorrow" you probably mean "over the course of the next week or
> so". Gentoo takes a long time to install, mainly because you have to
> do a lot of it by hand. The best way is to have a spare PC around that
> you can use for browsing the net and searching/posting gentoo forums
> for help as you go. Deciding what to partition where and getting the
> initial install is the hard part, once you pick what you want you can
> just follow the gentoo myth guides that are out there, for the most
> part (I believe - I'm not sure since I installed myth on top of an
> already-working gentoo system)
>
>  - Jeff

I would second that. I always get the SSH server up and running first
so I can do other things and read the manuals in an easier fashion
while getting things installed. I would probably do a stage3 install
to get you up and running fairly quickly. Afterwards you can always
recompile your entire system over the weekend or something.