[mythtv-users] PVR-250 records only one channel

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Thu May 5 15:48:26 UTC 2005

Nick wrote:
> On 5/5/05, Leo Przybylski <przybyls at engr.arizona.edu> wrote:
>
>>All,
>>
>>I figured out why it would only play for a few seconds. I needed to
>>enable libmpeg2 decoding.
>>

> Are there any errors in the backend log when you try and change to
> another channel? I'd also double check the other channels are setup
> correctly (i.e. tuneable numbers) in case this is stopping the 250
> card from being able to tune to the other channels.

I would also verify that the tuner type is set correctly. I had a
similar problem where if I manually set the tuner type, I could see one
channel, but that was it. If I let it auto-detect and set the tuner, it
works flawlessly. In my dmesg log I see this:

tveeprom: tuner = TCL 2002N 6A (idx = 85, type = 50)
tveeprom: tuner fmt = NTSC(M) (eeprom = 0x08, v4l2 = 0x00001000)
ivtv: NTSC tuner detected
tuner: type set to 50 (TCL 2002N) by ivtv i2c driver #0
tuner: chip found at addr 0xc2 i2c-bus ivtv i2c driver #1
ivtv: i2c attach [client=(tuner unset),ok]
tveeprom: tuner = Temic 4036FY5 (idx = 26, type = 8)
tveeprom: tuner fmt = NTSC(M) (eeprom = 0x08, v4l2 = 0x00001000)
ivtv: NTSC tuner detected
tuner: type set to 8 (Temic NTSC (4036 FY5)) by ivtv i2c driver #1

In my modules config I have:

options ivtv tuner=-1,-1 debug=1

although you might see it like this:

options tuner type=2

I can probably remove the debug, since everything works. I am using
KnoppMyth as a base (although I am now using CVS builds) so your files
and locations might be different.

HTH

Tom