[mythtv-users] Coventive Uranus

David George david at thegeorges.us
Wed May 4 23:30:42 UTC 2005

joe.white at wachovia.com wrote:

> This looks like a really neat mobo for a myth system.  If anyone want
> to develop drivers for it, then please do.  Don't let the 16k
> licensing fee scare you off.
>
> http://linuxdevices.com/news/NS2122942691.html

Yes, I saw this a couple of months ago.  Tell you what, you buy it for
me and I will work on it.  Otherwise the $16,000 license fee does scare
me off :-)  Did you notice this link also:
http://linuxdevices.com/news/NS7757625666.html .  A relative bargain at
$10,000 for the developers license (no tuner on it though).  I was
really interested in the Vweb VW2010 MPEG-1/2/4 audio/video codec chip.

P.S.  Just kidding.  Unfortunately, I don't really have time to take on
any new projects (or finish the ones I am working on now :-) ).  Also,
we are probably a lot closer to getting the Commell LV-667 working with
HDTV than the amount of work it would take to get this one going.

--
David

HDTV frontend I'm working on (pictures, mythmon source)
  http://mythhd.info