[mythtv-users] Re: DVD recording sync issues with PVR 350

Boleslaw Ciesielski bolek-mythtv at curl.com
Wed May 4 21:17:32 UTC 2005

John Kondis wrote:
> To burn to DVD, I have a script crafted after the
> mythtv docs ala the blurb at the end of
> http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-22.html.  This
> involves splitting the audio and video streams with
> mpeg2desc, remultiplexing them with mplex, creating a
> dvd file structure with dvdauthor, and writing an iso
> file system directly to DVD with growisofs.

I don't know if this will fix your problem, but with the current
mencoder you can do the DVD NAV insertion in one step (and skip
mpeg2desc and mplex altogether):

mencoder -of mpeg -mpegopts format=dvd -ovc copy -oac copy -o foo.mpg
foo.nuv

The resulting foo.mpg can be then fed directly to dvdauthor.

Bolek