[mythtv-users] Someone PLEASE help. No OpenGL Transistions in Mythgallery

Howard Cokl hojoloco at yahoo.com
Wed May 4 11:37:54 UTC 2005

--- Chad Delatte <gremlin190 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Alright,  I still have nothing. reinstalled
> mythplugins, verified all nvidia files and nvidia
> related opengl libraries where there and the proper
> version.  Is this another one of those things that
> is
> just suppose to work?  I think i have a wrong file
> version somewhere. Also, now after running ldconfig
> Gears doesn't even make it to a black screen. It's
> kinda sorta half of my left over myth screen and
> half
> of the gears blank screen.  I also changed color
> depth
> so that may be causing it.  I'm running at 800x600.
> WHat does this depend on me having to make this
> work?
> I also verified that glx was loading and my agp
> driver
> is working.
> Chad

I think I had a problem with glx in the beginning and
fixed it.  My problem was that in
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions there was the
libglx.a (part of xorg) and X was finding that instead
of the nvidia/libglx.so so I:
#cd /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/
#mv libglx.a xlibglx.a
#ln -s nvidia-graphics-1.0-7174/libglx.so.1.0.7174
libglx.so
#telinit 3; telinit 5
#grep -i glx /var/log/Xorg.o.log
(II) LoadModule: "glx"
(II) Loading
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libglx.so
(II) Module glx: vendor="NVIDIA Corporation"
(II) Loading extension GLX
(II) Loading extension NV-GLX
(II) Initializing extension GLX

Howard