[mythtv-users] is there a simple recording status light avaliable?

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at rogers.com
Wed May 4 05:39:11 UTC 2005

Colin Smillie wrote:

>On 5/3/05, Ryan Kremser <ryan.kremser at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>I"m looking for a simple recording status light.  I know a lot of work
>>has gone into this before but if i remember correctly it ended up as a
>>led display with a bunch of features.  Was a simple bit of software
>>ever written to toggle an external light? I'm thinking scroll lock or
>>something but i'm not sure.    Any suggestions or if someone could
>>point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.
>>

>Try this one,
>
>http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/SystemLedsRecordingStatusHowTo
>
>I haven't implemented it but looks pretty simple.

This is somewhat off topic, as it has nothing to do with external LED
lights, but in case anyone wants it, I've just wrapped that recipe into
a system-tray icon, (rather than a physical light), so those of us who
run back-ends on our workstations can see when the machine is working on
a recording.

    http://blog.vrplumber.com/810

Not really something I felt the need for myself, but I felt like playing
with the system-tray-icon in wxPython.

Have fun,
Mike