[mythtv-users] mythbackend won't idle until mythfrontend disconnects

Brad Benson bbenso1 at gmail.com
Wed May 4 05:35:58 UTC 2005

On 5/4/05, Max Barry <mythtv at maxbarry.com> wrote:
> Now, however, it refuses to idle if mythfrontend is running. Which is a
> problem, because I have mythfrontend start automatically on boot.
> Is there a way to stop mythfrontend from blocking mythbackend's idling?

Max,
  You need to run mythtv-setup.  Answer 'no' to both of the questions
it asks you on startup and then go into the General section (#1).  On
the 4th (I think) page in this section there is a checkbox labeled
'Block shutdown while client connected' (or something like that).
Make sure that checkbox is NOT checked.  If it is checked then
mythbackend will never shut itself down as long as any frontends are
connected.  Simply unchecking that box, exiting mythtv-setup and then
restarting the backend should fix your problem.

Brad